Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Fairs & Markets

It was a big day of spending and walking and supporting and viewing and meeting and sharing and enjoying.

We arrived at the local hall right on 9am which was opening time for the Craft Fair.

The art and craft on display was fabulous. We loved the art work, the sewing, the woodwork, the denim bags, the weaving, the rope craft, the crocheting, the shell art, the metal work, the wind chimes, the hand made cards and … just everything.

I bought 2 x pot holders, 6 x hand made cards, a woven basket that looks like a nest, a hand towel, 2 x rope baskets and set of 4 rope coasters, a bag, a necklace, a timber scissors stand and I ordered a crocheted Viking craft receptacle (I will photograph it when I receive it).






By the time I’d finished spending my money, it was about 9.45am and it was crazy busy in that hall! It was difficult to manoeuvre our way out the door.

We drove to Howard for the Witch’s Market.

I wish we’d known more about this market before we went there. We would have dressed for the occasion! There were witches and warlocks of all ages and shapes and sizes. Their costumes were amazing! So much attention to detail and we sat for a while just watching the parade of passers by.

If it’s on again next year, we will definitely dress up! My imagination is already going crazy.

There was an abundance of crystals in all their forms, candles, jewellery, essential oils, hand painted feathers, painted wands, hand crafted book covers and boxes, hippy rainbow crochet, massage, card readings, guardian angel sketches, lamps, pottery and so much more.





I purchased a massive amethyst crystal point necklace, an even bigger chunk of obsidian encased in silver and hanging on a chunky chain, some essential oil and a crystal + timber lamp. I also had my cards read by a young lady named Delta.

She told me that I was a healer and should be reading others NOT having my cards read. She told me there had been a sudden unexpected end to important relationships this year and even though it was upsetting it was necessary for moving forward and growth.

She suggested that I lead “Art as Therapy” classes. I should write my life story, (which I’m in the middle of right now!) She said there is great physical distance between me and my family - children, grandchildren and siblings.

The next 9 months will be a bit of a roller coaster but things will settle after that.

There was a lot more and I found her quite good. Not amazing, but pretty accurate about most things.

By 11.45am we were in the car on the way home, both feeling exhausted!

We had met new people, drank coffee (still not a fan), said hello to many puppy dogs, found some great craft ideas, wished the Dutch pancakes were GF and spent too much money.

BGWLBH prepared lunch at home, then I made a chicken soup for my sick neighbour and delivered it, I cleaned the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher, found a recipe for dinner, sat with BGWLBH and planned where to plant what in the garden beds, filled another garden bed until our muscles told us to STOP OR ELSE!

I prepared honey and balsamic chicken thighs with roasted potato, pumpkin, zucchini, cauliflower and onion and steamed box choy for dinner, followed by strawberries, whipped vanilla cream and maple toffee crunch for dessert.

We played trivial pursuit after dinner, which I won and at 8.30pm we were all exhausted and headed to bed.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Sunday. I need a day of rest.



Nite all.

No comments: