Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Did You Notice?

Did you notice how many chemtrails criss crossed the sky this morning?

We noticed how many were over Torbanlea and Howard yesterday, but there were many more over us today. It began with six but by 11am I couldn’t even count them and the trails spread so that they all joined up and the entire sky was just a soft white haze.

We are not situated under the flight path of a busy airport, besides, plane contrails don’t fill the sky, they trail behind a plane for a certain distance and then disappear.

I’m not even going to start on the subject of geo-engineering weather.

I was up and out of bed before 9am with big intentions of paint pouring this white table …

but the minute I walked into the kitchen, every ounce of energy drained out of me.

I took my tea and toast out to the Bali hut and promptly fell asleep after I’d finished breakfast. The only reason I woke was because Adoring Husband came to say goodbye before he drove into The Bay.

I decided to try my magic drink formula that is supposed to help me FOCUS-CREATE-ACHIEVE.

It worked for about 2 hours.

I moved more art gear from my old art room to the new space and found homes for everything.

I cleaned and reorganised a couple of the cube drawers in the cabinet.

I wanted to do some art so I watched a few YouTube videos hoping to find some inspiration, but my magic drink was wearing off so I went bed instead.

This is how my art space is looking so far. It’s not finished but it IS usable.











Adoring Husband returned home at 1.30pm and surprised me with a bunch of my favourite flowers …

I made rissoles with purple sweet potato mash (mixed with cooked bacon, onion and cheese), snow peas and beans on the side and a mushroom gravy for dinner.

BGWLBH bought some naughty food today which meant we could have Weiss Bars for dessert.

We played a couple of games of Sequence before Big Brother started.

Now it’s almost 11pm so sleep time for me.


Nite all.

No comments: