Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 24, 2022

I Wanna Play

I got up at 9am.

BGWLBH decided to iron so Adoring Husband and I gave her some of our stuff to do too. Just so you know … she offered … and we gave her about 6 items each.

I ate my tea and toast under the Bali hut.

One of AH’s shirts was covered in some kind of tissue so I had to search for the lint remover, then we found a stain on AH’s good pants so he needed my help to get the stain out.

I then opened six bags of potting mix and barrowed them to the garden beds filling one garden bed almost to the brim.

AH arrived home from his coffee date with our chicken order from the butcher so I made the marinade for tonight’s chicken wings and put them in the fridge to do their thing.

BGWLBH had a request for lunch, so I made some curried egg and avocado tuna mix for lettuce wraps.

After lunch, AH drove into town to purchase a new staple gun because his died and on his way in, he stopped at a plant nursery and ordered a cubic metre of garden soil.

While he was gone, I cut up all our spare cardboard boxes to lay on the bottom of the garden beds. BGWLBH then barrowed the grass clippings and hedge cuttings for the next layer.

I was dead keen on doing some art today but AH phoned to say that the soil would be delivered at 2pm so once again, my art was shelved.

At 2pm the truck dumped the soil as near the gardens as possible and because AH’s back is cactus, I began shovelling the dirt into the wheel barrow, wheeled it to the garden, then shovelled it into the garden. I topped up the garden that I started in the morning and started on the second bed when BGWLBH joined me.

She filled the barrow with soil, AH wheeled it to me and I shovelled it into the garden. AH then wheeled it back to BGWLBH and she would fill the barrow etc etc etc.

When the second garden was filled, I was done. I had just about busted my fufu valve so we decided to stop and continue tomorrow.

Once the gardens are filled, we have to put the mesh on the garden frame covers. 

I planted my sad and sorry butt on the couch and did not move again until dinner time. The chicken was delicious and I was grateful that AH was in charge of this meal.

We played TV trivia until almost 8pm.

AH and I watched some of the girl’s State of Origin game. I think NSW won. The girls play a good tough game and it’s just as entertaining as the mens game, but I was too tired to give it my full attention so to bed I came.

Here I lie planning my outfit for tomorrow. BGWLBH and I will attend the craft fair at the local hall and then drive to Howard for their Witch Markets.

Perhaps I’ll get to do some art in the afternoon.

Right now, I need to sleep.






Nite all.


No comments: