Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 16, 2022

99.9% Normal

I woke to an empty house.

Adoring Husband had to take the car in for a major service early this morning and BGWLBH followed him in with a very long list of errands to run. He dropped the car at the service centre and then joined BGWLBH in her car.

So I got up, made myself tea and toast and sat in my art space to enjoy the peace and solitude.

My peace and solitude didn’t last long because had to attend a funeral so at 10.45am. I jumped on my trusty trike and pedalled to my old shop where I parked the trike and hurried my way on foot, to the church around the corner.

It was a big funeral, though not as big as I expected - I had a dream last night that 50,000 people marched down the main street to the church! No idea where that came from!

The church pews filled fast and I found a seat in the side room. People stood at the back of the room and on the ramp outside as well as on the front porch and steps of the church.

The Fisher King, being the oldest son, stood at the front of the church with his brothers beside him for support and told fabulous stories about his father.

It takes such courage and strength to stand in front of an audience to speak about the person who passed, and even more so when that person is your parent. The Fisher King was amazing and by the time he’d finished, I felt like his Dad had been my close friend.

He had us all laughing out loud at his father’s antics and he had us all crying when he himself became emotional right at the end.

It was one of the most authentic and down to earth funerals I’ve ever attended and I’m so pleased that I made the effort.

Afterwards, I found The Motivator outside and we shared a long warm hug.

I caught up with a few others but decided to not attend the Howard Cemetery for the burial and instead did a very big shop, loaded it all in the back of my trike and when I arrived home, spent almost an hour unpacking and then repackaging the meat to freeze.

I had to climb the ladder to store some of the food on the top shelf of the pantry and some went out to the pool kitchen and fridge.

After an hour of rest, BGWLBH arrived without Adoring Husband with the car loaded up with more food! So I unpacked it all and found homes for everything.

I unpacked all the bread and placed 2 slices in each ziplock bag to freeze.

After that, there were 6 pineapples to de head, peel and chop to also place in ziplock bags for future smoothies.

It was 4.20pm when I got to sit down again. I only had 30 minutes before it was time to prepare dinner.

Sweet and spicy chicken thighs with leftover sweet potato mash, the last of the leftover zucchini muffins, broccoli and zucchini.

Everybody was exhausted and went to bed early except for me.

My sister, Squirt, phoned me and we chatted for 90 minutes while St George annihilated South Sydney in the football.

Now it’s 11.30pm and I’m really tired so it’s sleep time for me.





Nite all.

No comments: