Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

99.5% Normal

These symptoms are taking their time to disappear completely. It’s a little bit annoying.

I think it was about 9.30am when I left my bedroom and found my way to the kitchen to make a smoothie using pineapple, banana, passion fruit and coconut water.

There was enough for three full glasses. Perfect.

I joined BGWLBH under the Bali hut and we drank our smoothies together while sharing TikTok videos.

I moved into the art space and started clearing and moving. I posted two more ads on marketplace to sell some display stands and sold one lot almost immediately.

BGWLBH made a grazing platter for lunch. Grapes, blueberries, mandarins, rockmelon, pear, cheese, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado dip, crackers and leftover chicken drumsticks.

After lunch, it took an hour to pull apart my Zazen water filter, clean it, replace the silver stones and the antioxidant beads as well as the filter cartridge and the filter dome. It was a much bigger job than I expected!

Back to the art space. BGWLBH made a sign which I will photograph tomorrow. We moved a cabinet, a chair and a trolley of coloured drawers, filled a couple of cube boxes and then gave up for the day.

I decided to make zucchini muffins, sweet potato chips, beans and baked barramundi for dinner.

For the baked barramundi, I melted 100gms of butter in a saucepan with 4 minced garlic cloves, grated fresh ginger (about 1 inch), the juice of half a lemon and a teaspoon of the very hot chilli sauce that we got from Maryborough markets 2 weeks ago. 

I placed three barramundi fillets in a baking pan lined with baking paper and poured the butter mixture over the fish. I placed the pan in a hot oven (200°C) for 20 minutes.

Bloody beautiful!

We had fruit whip for dessert, but had to play trivia while we waited for the fruit whip to soften out of the freezer.

So, all things considered, I had a very busy and productive day and I’m looking forward to tomorrow and having a morning with the art girls and more time organising the art space in the afternoon.

Time for sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: