Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fifty til you're sixty

Tonight was birthday dinner night for the youngest of our group, 'Woman of Many Talents'.  There was  a bit of fun, a few laughs, many drinks, a couple of D&Ms, cake and candles, a short ride home on the courtesy bus and it was all over by 9.30pm!

Woman of Many Talents looking FABULOUS at 50!
The times, they are a changing!

Remember the times, that don't seem THAT long ago, when we could party for three days and then after one night of sleep, begin partying all over again?

These days, if we party til after 10pm, we need three days to recover!  Another sad side-effect to the ageing process :o(

Still, as my sister-in-law once told me ... think about the only alternative to ageing and what would you choose???

Speaking of the alternative to ageing ... today was supposed to be the end of the world!  Somebody on facebook suggested that today was actually 'Judgement Day' and that the end of the world is next year in December.

Somebody else then asked 'How do I know if I've been saved?'  Good question.

So far, in my fifty one years on this earth, there have been approximately eleven 'end of the world' dates that I can recall, off the top of my head.  I am still here.

I promised a photo of my little Chicklet with her new toy.

Hours of fun for the whole family!
I can't begin to describe the overwhelming joy that fills my heart every day, spending this time with her and Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef.

I never dreamed that being a grandmother could be so amazing.  It's one of those experiences that you simply cannot comprehend until you live it.

In the meantime ... the new rule is ... YOU ARE FIFTY TIL YOU ARE SIXTY so I have another nine years of being a fifty year old grandmother.

Ya gotta love that!

No comments: