Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Milestone!

Chicklet rolled over for the first time this morning from her tummy to her back!  It was a most exciting moment.  She did it twice, just to prove that the first time wasn't a fluke!

Now she's sleeping against her Dad's chest while he reads.  They look so perfect together :o)

She loves her Daddy :o)
One of our neighbours just dropped off a bag of different types of chillies and two chilli plants.  There will be cooking with chilli over the coming weeks I feel.  Good for the metabolism!

Adoring Husband planted the chilli plants in the herb garden and then climbed into the hammock with Psychotic Dogs, who appear to look so 'unpsychotic' in photos!



Have heard nothing but glowing reports about our free dog whisperer in town.  I spoke to four different people with dogs yesterday at the markets, after they had been to the park to check him out.  They all raved about how great he was.

Some of them had uncontrollable dogs on the leash, others wouldn't take their dogs OFF the lead while on the beach because the dog would run off and not return when called, others needed advice about barking, digging and other various problems.

Next fortnight, I'm going to make it my mission to get Adoring Husband and Psychotic Dogs to the dog whisperer.  I do believe Adoring Husband requires some training as well!

They DO say that it's the owners who require training more than the dogs!  If I can get Adoring Husband there, it will be another milestone!!

No comments: