Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

State of Origin

First of all, our Sushi last night, was delicious!

Healthy and delicious!
Next week is the first 'State of Origin' match between New South Wales and Queensland.  For those of you who don't follow the football, Queensland have won the series for five years in a row!

This makes me very happy because I was born in Queensland and I love football!

So my reasoning goes like this.  Because Chicklet's first address in Australia is in Queensland, THAT makes her an honorary QUEENSLANDER!!

The Dreaded Dynamos!
Adoring Husband bought me some State of Origin dreadlocks made with Queensland colours today and they looked pretty darn good on little Chicklet!  Now she has dreadlocks just like her Mum!

Next week she will be dressed in full Queensland State of Origin regalia and there WILL be photos!

4 comments:

eljaih said...

noooooooooooooooooo!
i will not stand for this QLD outfits!!
*has to go buy some BLUES stuff for her.

Anonymous said...

NOW ITS PERSONAL??
SO WHERE DOES NO 1 SON STAND ON THIS?
AS YOU KNOW I'M A NON STARTER AND WILL HAPPILY
STAND BY AND SHAKE MY HEAD AND ASK 'FOOTBALL, WHAT'S THAT?' g'ma

Age said...

There will be NO blues supporter paraphernalia on my Chicklet!!

Vegan Chickie said...

I'm with you Grandma!!! :D