Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Perfect as it is!

This is our local dog whisperer.  His name is Chris.  He and his partner own a local B&B in town, which overlooks the river.  They bought it last year,  renovated,  added a deck and were open for business before Christmas.

These are his dogs that paddle with him every morning like this!
His partner does Yoga and Zumba classes in the local hall, while he does his dog training here, in The Bay and in another town thirty minutes from here.

Unfortunately, my mission to get Adoring Husband to the dog whisperer at the next session, has already failed.  He will be away doing a photography workshop that weekend, so I have to aim for the fortnight after that instead.

Our town is very small but there are so many activities available for all age groups.

As I've mentioned already, there is dog training, Zumba and Yoga.  We also have indoor bowls, lawn bowls, tennis, tai chi, cards, mahjong, bingo, dancing (tap and jazz ballet), singing, tae kwon do, craft, out rigging, two fishing clubs (amateur and blue water), darts, quilting, aerobics and three golf courses within fifteen minutes from town.

There are 'Grey Nomads' who regularly come to town in their camper vans and caravans to stay for the Winter, and who come join the groups every week to play.   They travel from all over Australia because our Winter is so mild compared to the southern States.

It just occurred to me that I really shouldn't be hitting the sales pitch for our town, because I don't want more people coming to live here and pushing the population to the limits.

I love our small town just the way it is!

No comments: