Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Early to Rise

It was a bright and early start to the day!

As I heard the garage roller door open and Adoring Husband drive out, I looked across at the clock and saw that it was 5.15am.  I had set my alarm for 5.30, so I turned it off before it rang out and jumped out of bed ready to start the day.

Because it was 'family lunch' day, we had to leave bright and early for Maryborough so that we'd be home before lunch.

There is a lake behind the golf course in Maryborough that is home to many different types of birds including ibis, ducks, geese, swans, lorikeets, bush parrots etc etc.

Adoring Husband noticed all of this birdlife when he played golf nearby a couple of months ago.

Unfortunately, some of the birds must have gone into hibernation, because we didn't see a lot, other than ibis, ducks and lorikeets, however we did get some good shots.

The water lilies were lovely 

I have no idea what these birds are.  I looked up and there they were!

I think I shall name it 'Ibis Island'
After we left, Adoring Husband suggested that we stop in at Lenthalls Dam

http://www.widebaywater.qld.gov.au/quicklinks/lakelenthall

A great camping and picnic area with a boat ramp for boating and fishing.  Beautifully landscaped and quite a large area.

The drive in, wasn't too much fun, because the dirt road had obviously been damaged during the floods earlier in the year and there were still some large muddy puddles that we had to drive around, but it was still drivable without a 4WD.

Photographically speaking, there was not a lot going for it, although, as Adoring Husband suggested, it would be a great sunset location, given the water and tree-lined banks.

The gates close at 8pm so we could get a sunset or two in before Summer.

We had a lovely family lunch.




Tomorrow will be a trip into the airport to pick up Kiwi Gal, who will be with us for ten days, so I'd best get to bed so that I can be ready for another early rise tomorrow!

Nite all.

PS  I promised to show you Adoring Husband's third place photo for the group challenge and here it is


Nite again.

No comments: