Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jewellery Order

It's nice to know that people haven't forgotten that I make jewellery :o) even though 'I' had forgotten!

While at indoor bowls this morning, one of the new ladies asked me if I would take an order for a bracelet and matching earrings!  I'm so pleased, and now that Christmas is just around the corner, I might get more orders.

I think I will carry the jewellery box to bowls each Thursday, and see if I can sell some for Christmas.

It appears to be quite still at the moment, but we have had gale force winds most of the day, which made it difficult to lurk around town for the usual photographic opportunities on my trike.

Instead, I took the macro lens into the back garden to satisfy my overwhelming desire to use my camera today, and under difficult conditions, took 'heaps' of photos.

The results were surprisingly satisfying!

I have no idea what this is, but considering the state of our veggie garden, I figure it can't be good!

You would never know, looking at this, that conditions were cyclonic!

These Wattlebirds have, for the second year running, built a nest in our alfresco area in a pot plant.
Kiwi Gal has settled in nicely and has found her favourite place on the couch in the family room with the dogs.  She is more than happy to do nothing, after leaving Sydney and her very stressful work and family life behind her for ten days.  She has turned off her mobile phone and is quietly de-stressing.

We've planned a whale watching trip next week and we might all drive down to the Sunshine Coast on another day.  Tuesday has just got to be movie day!  We both have hair appointments tomorrow.  Not too much happening, but just enough to make it a holiday.

Just so long as I have enough spare time to design and create my jewellery order.  After all, business is business.

Nite all.

No comments: