Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Good start ... lousy finish.

It all started with some flashes of luck with the camera and the local birdlife this morning!

Baby Plover looking a little the worse for wear in the wet grass.

A young Butcher Bird.

Green Parrot.

Adult Plover.

Dolphin - which I was sure was a Kookaburra, but obviously I was wrong!
Luckily, for me, I have an Adoring Husband who thinks logically, when I can't!

Three occasions in a row, I went out with my camera and the 400mm lens taking photos.  I probably took more than 200 photos each time, but when I got home and looked at them on the computer screen, they were all blurry and I had to delete them all.

I got so cranky!!

I swore and told him that we had to return the stupid lens because it wasn't working properly!

So he tried it with and without the tripod and had the same problem.

Then he wondered if it was the filter on the lens and tried to remove it.  It was stuck fast and we both tried to unscrew it without luck.

After about twenty minutes, Adoring Husband walked into the lounge room and had successfully removed the lens filter.

He cleaned the lens AND the lens filter and tried it again.

SUCCESS!!

So the lens and filter obviously has so much crap on them, that the camera was focussing on THAT instead of the subject that I wanted to photograph!

**rolls eyes**

Adoring Husband seems to find his secret drawer of common sense when I can't find my usually abundant supply!  Thank goodness for that!

We picked up Kiwi Gal from the airport today and on the way home, we stopped at Toogoom and had lunch at Goodies restaurant on the water.

Kiwi Gal and I shared a bottle of bubbly and the food was good.  It was a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Psychotic Dogs were very happy to see her and have been getting lots of cuddles since she walked in the door.

Late this afternoon, Adoring Husband and I rushed down to the river for what looked like being a fabulous sunset.

Unfortunately it fizzled out to nothing.

I took an incredibly under-exposed photo which captured the red sun beautifully, but that's all it captured.

Red Sun
None of the correctly exposed photos had a sun like this!

Maybe next time :o)

Photographically speaking, it was a good start to the day, but a lousy finish.

Nite all.

No comments: