Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon

I can't believe that I have no photos to show for it, but we attended the Pier Festival in The Bay today!

After starting the day in the usual manner, at the 'Seat of Knowledge', then having a short ride on the trike with Aussie H,  then chatting with her while sitting on our trikes in the middle of the road outside my house, I finally came inside and Adoring Husband suggested that we go into The Bay and check out the Pier Festival.

I did, however, take a photo of Ross Street Trader sitting on my trike this morning.

77 years of age last birthday
They call him the Ross Street Trader, because he buys used lawn mowers, boats/trailers, cars and other various tools and vehicles, does them up and then parks them on his front lawn and sells them.  He has a pretty good reputation in town for selling good quality stuff... but I'm pretty sure I've told you that before, in another post.

He was checking my trike out to see if he could bend his knee enough to pedal one.  He couldn't.

So Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay and wandered around the festival, sampled the coconut prawns, bought some home-made dog biscuits, enjoyed a coffee, walked part way along the pier in gale force conditions, decided that there were no stalls selling anything else that we were interested in and then we made the decision to leave.

As we got closer to the car, we decided to have some lunch at the resort where Vegan Chickie is living, so I sent her a text to let her know where we were.

Chicklet was napping, but as soon as she woke up, they came downstairs and joined us.

I had a lovely couple of hours cuddling with Chicklet, while Adoring Husband wandered across the road and began photographing some kite surfers who were taking advantage of the wind.  He got a couple of good shots too!

Lunch was delicious and the Chicklet time was great ... I could watch her for hours ... my conversation skills go right out the window when she is around.

It was a great way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.  Let's do it again some time!

Nite all.

No comments: