Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 26, 2011

photo5 Box

It's here!  It's here!  My photo5 box arrived in the mail today!

I've been popping into the website a few times a day to look at the new submissions and there are very few unique ideas.

I seem to be looking at repeat photos.  Same composition, different colours.

This seems strange to me.  If we can all go to the website to see the entries so far, why would we submit photos exactly the same as the ones that are on there?

Yes I know how difficult it is to think of something new and different, but we still have three weeks to work on it!

I may end up submitting something similar myself, but I certainly plan on thinking long and hard about it and practising different ideas leading up the closing dates.

Anyway, in the mean time, I have a couple of macro shots to share.

Star Bee

Star Flower (Hoya)
Tomorrow morning, Adoring Husband and I are driving to Maryborough, on a photographic mission, so hopefully, I will have more to share in my next update.

Adoring Husband came third in our group challenge this month with a photo that I am unable to show you in this post, but I hope to tomorrow!  He is on a roll!

These things happen in threes, so I wonder what brilliance he will come up with next!

Sadly, he has decided to not enter the photo5 competition.  I think he should.  I can still talk him into it between now and the closing date.

Finally, our Chicklet photo update ...

Perfectly gorgeous.
I will take a photo of my photo5 box and it's contents to post here tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: