Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Uncontrollable Yawning

That's what I am doing on the couch right now ... yawning uncontrollably!

After the usual start to the day, I pedalled around town for an hour (which is ALSO becoming the usual) taking photos, while Kiwi Gal pedalled down to the beach, had a swim and then lay in the sunshine for a while.

Just before I got home, I almost literally bumped into Aussie H at the final corner.  We chatted for a while and then she offered me some lettuce and capsicum from her garden so I followed her to her garden and picked some veggies.

I came home and played with my photos, as I do ...

Heron in Flight

Three kids building sand castles with serious moats.  The sand was flying!
After lunch, I needed a nap!  I'm getting old!  But then, I WAS woken in the night by the sound of Adoring Husband cursing because he woke up at 2.30am for the fifth night in a row!  Ugh!

I got a little pampering this afternoon when I went to the hairdresser for a couple of hours.  A change of colour in my foils, and a trim, makes the world of difference!  I feel like a new woman!

Arrived home just in time to get dressed,  hop on the courtesy bus and head to the bowls club for the raffles and badge draw.

No luck at all tonight for Adoring Husband, or I, but Kiwi Gal won some money on the Keno and four drinks.

We had dinner at the club tonight with some friends and I drank two glasses of wine!  Very unusual.

It was a very nice evening.

So, all of that is what has caused me to yawn uncontrollably on the couch.  I get to visit my little Chicklet tomorrow.  I have an early start,  so I'm going to stop yawning and head off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: