Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Drive

After a brief, but pleasant start to the day at the Seat of Knowledge, we made ourselves beautiful and climbed in the car for our Sunday drive.

The weather started out quite clear.  A few scattered clouds, but nothing dark and looming - until we were about 45 minutes out of town.

The dark clouds closed in and the wind sprung up and some scattered showers passed over us.

Nothing dramatic, but unpredictable enough that we couldn't plan anything too far from the shelter of the car or buildings for protection.

We drove to Woodgate and walked a short path to the beach.  Nothing spectacular there.  The weather guaranteed that the beaches would be deserted, so at least it was quiet and peaceful.

We found the one and only cafe on The Esplanade and got ourselves a coffee, which was the most expensive coffee that we've ever bought - $5 per standard take-away cup.

Adoring Husband tried to get a photo for our flickr challenge without success, so we went for another short drive to Walker's Point, which is almost directly across the river from our little town.

A 15 minute ride on a boat or 1 hour and 20 minutes by car!

By then, the weather was closing in, so I didn't even get a photo across the river, as I'd planned.  It was just too dark and miserable and I didn't want such a gloomy memory.

The problem is that I didn't take even one photo all day!  So now I have no memories of the day at all - except this blog post with a description!

Adoring Husband suggested that we stop in Childers for lunch at our favourite Childers cafe and when we arrived, we were pleased to discover that the little boutique next door was open too!

We ordered lunch, sat Adoring Husband down at the table with our bags and wandered off to fill in time until our meals arrived.

Talk about a little corner of heaven!  Clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, scarves and all at very reasonable prices!

Unfortunately, I found nothing for myself **insert sad face here** but BGWLB had a fine time and by the time lunch was served, she was feeling very happy with her purchases.

Lunch was lovely.  We left.  The rain came.

We arrived home safe n sound but the day grew colder and wetter, so we all changed into our comfy slobber dog hangin' round the house clothes and spent the afternoon doing our own thing.

BGWLBH knitting while watching dvds in her bedroom.  Adoring Husband watching the football while researching everything to do with camping/caravaning online.  Me, watching football while editing old photos and updating the June Photo a Day challenge.

A lazy afternoon ended with home made Chicken and Vegetable soup for dinner.

A couple of horse-themed photos from our road trip.



Only one week left with BGWLBH, so we'd best make the most of it!

Nite all.

No comments: