Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

To Market

Unfortunately, there were a couple of the boys missing from the Seat of Knowledge this morning for our group photo, but we'll try again tomorrow.

This is still a nice reminder for BGWLBH of how her holiday mornings all began.


We wanted to attend the Maryborough markets today, so we hurried home and Adoring Husband was happy to be our chauffeur.

We had to walk past this amazing building/church on the way there.


The markets were much bigger than I expected and we had a lovely time buying bright shiny sparkly things and healthy things and garden ornament things and, of course, a present for Chicklet.

One of the stall holders even talked me out of buying some of their food because she couldn't guarantee that some bread roll hadn't landed on the hotplate!  I appreciated her honesty :)

We got some delicious coffee and did some crafty shopping too, while Adoring Husband went looking at cars.

We were home for lunch and then spent the afternoon doing our favourite thing ... nothing!

BGWLBH and I went walking/triking this afternoon and took a few photos along the way.  The sunset kind of faded into nothingness, but for a brief moment, it was quite vibrant.


We arrived home in time for me to finish dinner, which was a casserole cooked in the slow cooker with lots of vegetables on the side.

Adoring Husband made a delicious batch of home made passionfruit ice cream.  Yum.

He is happy because his NSW Blues team won the State of Origin game last night.

Tomorrow will be a girlie day for BGWLBH and I - our last holiday day together.

We will go into The Bay so that she can say goodbye to Vegan Chickie and Chicklet and we have some other stuff to do as well.

It's all coming to an end way too soon ... which means September is creeping up very quickly too and that means I need to focus on getting my photographs together for the exhibit.

So much to do.  So little time!

Nite all.

No comments: