Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 202 in a Year of my Life

A long trip to Bundaberg through numerous roadworks, took almost twice as long as usual to get there and then ended with a truck throwing a stone up and cracking our windscreen!

Luckily it was repairable (just) and we didn't have to pay a fortune to replace it!

We watched the new Star Trek movie at the cinema and really enjoyed it.

We had a nice hot coffee in a little cafe by the river, and then, finally, we picked up the camper van from the dealer where they repaired it, after tornado damage 3 months ago.

It's been a long day and I have no photos to share.

I chose not to take my camera today and before we'd driven ten kilometres out of town, we spotted a beautiful Brahminy Kite, sitting on a fence post, chewing on his prey.

Ugh!

Note to self "The choice should ALWAYS be to TAKE THE CAMERA WITH YOU!"

Today, I appreciate the little life lesson that I learned about my camera.

Nite all.

No comments: