Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 198 in a Year of my Life

I didn't tell you all about my snake visitor on Saturday!

Meet Jake ...


Of course, if you had spoken to me on Saturday at the time of sighting ... there was no 'Jake' ... there was a &^%@^* red bellied black %$#@&^ snake in the chook pen!!

I actually went to get the egg that I knew was waiting in the egg box.  I lifted the lid and spotted the egg and within a split second, I noticed the snake on the other side of the box (the egg box is about 4 feet long).

I yelled quite loudly and dropped the lid of the box as I stepped backwards.

Facebook was the first to know.

My facebook world gave me some good advice and some bad advice and some useless advice.

Then I remembered Helen (the chook) was still in the pen, so I went to let her out and took my camera (just in case) - THAT'S when I saw Jake's little head peeking around the corner!

I helped Helen escape and then locked myself and the dogs INSIDE the house.

By the time I was convinced, by my facebook world, to call someone to come and relocate the snake, Jake had disappeared.

So, if I remember correctly, Jake is the third snake visitor in our yard ... well, the third that we've witnessed ... who knows how many have actually entered our yard!

It's that time of the year when snakes are looking for warm, dry, comfortable places to hibernate.

Pleeeeeeeease don't let Jake think that our house, shed or garden is warm enough, dry enough or comfortable enough for any hibernation period!

We've emptied the container in our back yard and now wait for the company to come pick it up.

The new fridge is delivered tomorrow.

Once again, it's all happening at our house!

Today I am grateful to have Adoring Husband home with a new burst of enthusiasm, energy and motivation.

I think I need to leave home until he runs out of all that stuff.  :D  He's wearing me out!

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...



As soon as I began to read about
Jake I was wondering whether
The Lady Helen was in trouble.
So I was relieved she is still
going strong. She's a survivor!
Glad she is still laying too.
Grannymus xx