Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 203 in a Year of my Life

My work space/studio has gone from this ...


to this (thank you Cyclone Oswald) ...


to this ...


I love this space.  I spend more time sitting and feeling the love, than I do actually working!

I pedalled like crazy, up and down the road along the beach this morning.

There were Brahminy Kites, Whistling Kites and the White Breasted Sea Eagle taking advantage of the very low tide, but every time I stopped and scrambled down to the beach, they would fly further up or down the shore line and I would have to jump back on the trike and pedal harder and faster!

On one of my scrambles, there was a group of six mature men and women pumping the sand for bait and I was walking quite a distance from them, scouring the sky for the raptors.

The wind was blowing in my direction and I heard one of them say "That's her!  That's that woman!"

I looked over and they called out "We were admiring your beautiful photos in the bakery!"

My head and chest swelled just a little and I smiled widely and thanked them as I walked back towards my trike ... feeling pretty chuffed!

Finally I gave up on the birds and stopped my trike just to enjoy the water and sunshine for a moment.

I lifted my face towards the sun and closed my eyes for a moment (such a nice feeling) and when I opened my eyes, this is what I saw ...


So obviously, my lesson learned, is to sit in one place and wait for the birds to come to me.  This is how I've been successful with my last three bird shots!

Today, I am grateful for perfect, cloudless Autumn days, when the air is clean and the light is sparkling and vibrant.  Days when I can lift my face towards the sun and feel the warmth emanate from top to toe.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

OMG! Roz, I love, love LOVE your workspace! Yes, I could easily just sit and mediate in a place like that!
I agree with what you say about just slowing down and watching. Sometimes the photograph does, amazingly, just appear!