Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Easy Breezy Sunday

I knew last night that I wasn't going to be productive today.

I only had two glasses of wine last night, so it wasn't alcohol that kept me inactive.

It was 1.58am when I climbed into bed, but I had already asked Adoring Husband to buy my coffee if he was up early and buying his own, so I knew that it would be a lazy start to the day.

I woke a bit after 7.30 and saw my coffee sitting on the bedside table, which brought a smile to my face.

I sat in bed reading until almost 9.30am.

Adoring Husband invited me into The Bay because he had a few errands to run and also wanted to buy a new pedestal fan for our bedroom .. our old one is on it's last legs .. and I started to get ready, but then lost all motivation, so I declined his invitation and he headed off on his own.

I had a quiet three hours at home and watched the movie 'Speed' and then a few episodes of 'Friends'.

I also started a batch of chicken broth in which I've used some pasture raised organic chicken drumsticks, organic vegetables (celery, garlic, onion and carrot), and then tonight for dinner, I removed the meat from the drumsticks and put the bones back into the broth where I'll leave them for another twelve hours.

In a large saucepan, I melted some butter and added onion and garlic, then sliced mushrooms, grated sweet potato, thinly sliced zucchini, a cup of broth (from the slow cooker) and a third of a cup of pure cream. When the vegetables were tender, I added half a teaspoon of paprika, a teaspoon of himalayan salt, a pinch of black pepper and then the chicken meat that I removed from the drumsticks and shredded.

I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if AH enjoyed it or not. He didn't say, but he ate all of it, so that's got to be a good sign.

I also roasted some chicken for lunch, with the chicken that I won on Friday night, and served that to AH with a salad for lunch.

So it hasn't been a totally wasted day.

Actually, I don't think lazy days are wasted days! I enjoy lazy days! There is no rule or law that says you have to fill your days with productivity! My forte is 'lazy'!

The weather has been patchy and unpredictable today. There have been water spouts out off Fraser Island and there have been storms brewing up and down the Queensland coast all afternoon.

Luckily, they all skirted past us, although we DO need some rain.

I headed out on my trike late this afternoon, hoping for an interesting sunset with all the storm clouds around, but when I arrived at the river, a big black cloud loomed above me and the thunder was rolling and clapping, then rain began to fall, so I got the shivers and high tailed it home before the lightening decided it wanted to strike me!

The sunset turned out to be a fizzer anyway, so I didn't miss anything.

I have three days to get a photo of 'Beach, bush/forest, city or outback' for this month's flickr challenge. Could be tricky!

Nite all.

No comments: