Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 28, 2015

Going Going Going Gone

Adoring Husband had an early start in the garden today.

He picked all of the sweet potatoes out of the back corner raised garden bed. We now have a bucket of very spindly looking vegetables. I haven't looked closely at them, but at a glance, we probably won't get too many feeds out of them.

He also picked all of the cherry tomatoes and I used them to make a big batch of tomato sauce, which I put into 200ml batches and froze all but one. I ended up with about 1.5 litres of sauce.

While he was in the garden, I rode out for coffee and another unsuccessful search for Tawny nests.

I stopped to buy some crabs from The Motivator, who arrived home after a few weeks in Sydney and then spent about 45 minutes standing at the kitchen sink, removing all the meat from them.

Today may be a momentous date because it seems that we have sold our camper van. We feel a bit sad about that, but we've owned it for three years and only used it once.

That 'once' was a fabulous month long holiday that provided us with wonderful memories, but no matter how hard we try to make arrangements for another holiday, circumstances always lead to us cancelling at the last minute.

AH has organised any number of week long trips that never eventuated, so I think the universe has been telling us for a while that we needed to sell up.

We know that it's going to a good home where it will be loved and enjoyed and used to it's full potential, so all going well, we will say our final goodbye in a week or so.

We also spent a couple of hours watching a few episodes of the last season of The Big Bang Theory. I love that show.

So that was the extent of my Monday. Quite productive really!

Nite all.

No comments: