Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Lousy Lunch

Lady's luncheon was quite disappointing today.

Luckily the company was good, because the food was not. Mine and Mardi's only GF option was steak and salad. The salad consisted of quarter of a tomato, a slice of onion, two small lettuce leaves and three pieces each of grated carrot and beetroot.

My steak was as tough as boot leather and I asked for medium rare but it was delivered well done.

I asked for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and was given a $15 bottle of wine that required 4 mouthfuls for the taste buds to adapt.

The company was good and there was a lovely breeze blowing through the beer garden where we were seated. We definitely gained plenty of attention from the 'regulars'.

We were home before 3pm.

Today is the deadline for the flickr challenge and I've submitted this photo ...


It won't win because there are 22 entries, some of which are pretty darned good, but that's ok because I won last month and I'm happy with that.

The theme is 'Beach, bush/forest, city or outback'.

I cooked up some lamb shanks in the slow cooker before I left for lunch, so I didn't have to worry about putting too much effort into dinner tonight.

Now it's almost midnight and there is rain coming ... although, as it gets closer to town, it seems to be petering out. That's pretty typical. We are desperate for rain.

I'm off to bed, hopefully to fall asleep to the sound of rain.

Nite all.
  

No comments: