Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Bad Food

That seafood from Craignish was BAD,

I had a very uncomfortable and disturbed night up and down to the toilet and today my stomach continued to cramp right up until about an hour ago.

No more seafood from Craignish … I’ve said that before … but now I will keep the memory fresh.

At 5am Adoring Husband woke me to advise that the small fridge in my art space had packed it in and there was water all over the floor.

So while he was at work, I got up and threw some towels around to mop up the water.

It seems that when BGWLBH used the heat gun yesterday, she unplugged what she thought was the kettle, but in actual fact was the fridge, to use the electrical outlet and when she finished she plugged the kettle back in but didn’t turn the switch on (because you only need to switch it on when you want a cuppa) and so the fridge freezer defrosted overnight and water leaked everywhere.

Some art paper got a bit damp and there was a little water damage to the timber bench seat which will swell a little but shouldn’t be a problem. The rug got a bit wet on one corner. So no big deal. 

BUT after my horrible night, I didn’t enjoy being woken up to deal with something that he could have dealt with and which BGWLBH would have been happy to deal with had she been given the opportunity.

Never mind. We all survived.

When I was mopping up, I noticed that the plant on the cupboard was drooping and in need of water so I watered it.

Thirty minutes later, BGWLBH noticed it was drooping and also watered it - this was bad because the extra water had nowhere to go except onto and into the cupboard!

It was a tricky watery kind of day!

I wonder if that can be analysed?

I got up three times today. Tea and toast for breakfast. Half a mandarin for lunch. Detox tea and toast for dinner.

I’m looking forward to waking up tomorrow feeling as good as new and having morning coffee with the girls.




Nite all.

No comments: