Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Getting Arty

I started a sketch this evening.

I served dinner (zucchini slice and spicy chicken with roasted cherry tomatoes) to BGWLBH, left Adoring Husband to create his own pizza with the toppings that I prepared for him and I settled into the lounge with my little sketch pad and pencils while they ate.

This is the beginnings of what I hope will be a very realistic sketch … almost photographic … if I can manage it.

You know what I’m like. I could find inspiration over the next couple of days and finish it OR it could go onto my ever growing pile of partly finished projects. Who knows, but I quite like it so far.

I triked my way to the park this morning to enjoy a cup of tea and a chat with four of the girls. The middle aged hippy and I traded our goods, me coming home with a dozen eggs, her with $5 and some butchers paper for her ant farm.

We all had plenty to chat about and it was midday when I arrived home. AH had just returned from collecting the FROG box and BGWLBH was nowhere to be seen.

I decided to use the leftover cooked rice to make fried rice for AH and I for lunch. It was delicious.

I plonked my butt on the couch and watched mindless TV until it was time to make dinner.

Now, it’s after 11pm! How did that happen?

There has been some scudding showers this evening and there may be a little rain during the night. It’s nice and cool anyway.




Nite all.

No comments: