Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 15, 2022

Quietly

Just quietly, nothing much to talk about today.

Up at 9am.

Did two loads of washing because there is rain forecast for all of next week so I figured I should have my washing up to date before the wet hits.

Had breakfast under the Bali hut.

Made a batch of spicy tomato sauce out of the giant bowl of cherry tomatoes from our garden using my old recipe…

Problem was, instead of using 6 chillies as stated in the recipe, I used quarter of a teaspoon of the ‘f#@&ing’ hot chilli sauce that I purchased from the Maryborough markets a couple of months ago. It comes in a test tube and it is HOT. A little bit goes a long way and this is only the third time I’ve used it.

Quarter of a teaspoon in 1.5 litres of sauce and the heat lingers for a good 30 minutes from one small sip!

I have frozen four containers and put one in the fridge. BGWLBH and Adoring Husband were too afraid to taste it.

I made an avocado and tuna dip with veg sticks and a smoothie for BGWLBH for lunch. AH and I had a smoothie too.

We lazed in front of the TV all afternoon and I made curried vegetables with crispy skinned chicken for dinner followed by fruit whip.

We played trivia for an hour then AH and I watched ‘Notting Hill’ before coming to bed.

Once again, it’s almost 11pm so sleep time for me.






Nite all.

No comments: