Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Bad Start

I got up at 3.30am to visit the bathroom and at 3.45am a dirty stinking plover decided to start squawking outside my bedroom window.

For over an hour!

Usually Adoring Husband lets not so psychotic dog Colli out of the laundry before he goes to work but this morning he decided to leave her there, so at 5.15am she began shrieking through the door!

Both AH and BGWLBH were out of the house for their morning walk so I had to get up to the dog.

The trouble was that she’d had an accident in there so I had to clean that up. While I was doing that, she went outside and didn’t quite reach the grass so she peed on the concrete. While I was cleaning that, she came inside and pooped in the hallway!

Ugh!

By the time I got back to bed there was no way I could fall back to sleep so I finished a movie that I’d started the night before.

At 10.30am BGWLBH invited me into the Bay so we got ready and drove in for some shoe shopping. No luck today but we’ll return next week when the new season stock comes in. We did the rounds of Pialba and sat at Su Jus with a coffee and a juice.

Believe it or not, we came home with nothing!

Thursday is “fend for yourself” night because it’s SES night but I still ended up sharing my fish with AH and preparing a smoothie for BGWLBH.

*rolls eyes*

We played a bit of trivia after dinner and I watched Gogglebox and The Real Love Boat - great trashy TV.

It’s almost 11pm so sleep time for me.


Nite all.

No comments: