Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 9, 2022

First Swim

The weather was very odd today.

Rain was forecast but none came.

It was mostly overcast with an unreliable breeze which made it warm and muggy and quite uncomfortable.

I was up early and helped BGWLBH cook poached eggs and bacon for breakfast for the three of us.

I returned to bed for an hour while Adoring Husband stacked the dishwasher and settled in front of the TV for the Bathurst race.

BGWLBH moved into the art space to finish the treasure chest and work on some frames.

After about 90 minutes, I headed out to the Bali hut where I found BGWLBH relaxing on the lounge.

I dipped my toes in the water, then stepped in up to my knees and after two minutes decided to change into my swimmers and jump right in!

I must admit it was a little chilly but I swam three laps and then floated on my back for about ten minutes before climbing out and wrapping myself in a towel. My first swim of the season complete - five days later than last year.

The air temperature was warm so I was quite comfortable sitting under the Bali hut for an hour and didn’t need any distractions like electronic devices. Just sitting and enjoying the moment, taking in the sounds of the birds, the new wind chimes under the hut and the neighbourhood activity.

After another hour, I returned once again to my bedroom where I turned on the fan and dozed in the cool air.

At 4pm I sat with AH watching the the last 20 laps of Bathurst but there was an accident which slowed the cars down so I decided to start dinner.

Bangers and mash with tomato and onion gravy, snow peas, asparagus and carrots.

It’s been a decent Sunday. Not even a little bit productive but very relaxing and I enjoyed my swim.





Nite all.

No comments: