Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 10, 2022

Windy Misty

What a digital passport will look like - compared to current banking

With plans for a drive into The Bay, I set my alarm for an early start so that we could find a nice spot for breakfast but the original plan went awry and we left later than planned. BGWLBH had already eaten a hearty breakfast, so I missed out and settled with a green juice from the Stocklands Su Jus Cafe.

We had a list that included Coles, newsagent, chemist, bank, Choice, Bunnings, Spotlight, Maxine’s and four op shops.

The weather was not pleasant for gallivanting all over town with misty rain, gusty wind and very cool temperatures.

We didn’t get everything we wanted but we stocked up on macrame rope for some projects that BGWLBH has in mind and a diamond drill bit for another project.

It was a long busy day and when we arrived home at 3.30pm I headed straight to the kitchen to prepare a Massaman curry for dinner, complete with rice and papadums. 

I was hoping to enjoy a crab sandwich but the two crabs that I picked from Craignish were dry and tasteless and very little meat. The prawns were equally tasteless so I seasoned them heavily with salt and pepper. Very disappointing. I won’t purchase again from Craignish. It’s not the first time their produce has disappointed.

The curry was a success and for dessert we had picked up some goodies from Su Jus. Mini peach and passionfruit cheesecakes and a blueberry muffin. They too were a success.

We are hoping for another cold wet windy day tomorrow so that we can laze around in our rooms reading and binging and maybe doing some art.

I know that I am exhausted right now and need to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: