Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 14, 2022

On Hold

Today I did something that I’ve been procrastinating over for weeks.

Both Ergon Energy and Telstra OWED ME money from when I finalised the shop accounts.

Of course they don’t just give you the money. They send you a final letter advising of the credit and tell you to contact them to arrange payment.

I misplaced both of the letters with the credit details and today was the second time that I’ve searched the house looking for them. With no success, I decided to make the phone calls anyway.

I started with Ergon Energy because they owed me the highest amount.

They put me in a queue and told me the wait time was 2 minutes. 16 minutes later I was speaking to a very friendly and obliging woman in Townsville. She processed my request and inside three minutes the money  was deposited into my account - to be received next week.

Next was Telstra. I was put in a queue with a wait time of 35-40 minutes 😳

I was encouraged a number of times to hang up and do my business via the Telstra app but I knew this would be my final contact with them and that I would still have to wait for them to call me, so I waited on hold.

Surprisingly, my call was taken at 30 minutes! I spoke to a friendly gentleman who conducted the interview efficiently and I could hear his fingers clicking away on a keyboard as he processed my request and then advised that my money would be in my account in 5 working days. 

I’d like to know WHY it takes five working days, but anyway, job done.

Not as painful as I expected and I didn’t have to jump through painful hoops.

I enjoyed breakfast under the Bali hut, did some photo editing, spent an hour searching for my paperwork and another hour on the phone, picked up a parcel and some mail from the post office, watched my quiz shows, made the sauce for tonight’s chicken wings, made a fruit whip for dessert, played trivia and watched Field of Dreams.

The weather was nice, unlike the dreadful floods in NSW and VIC which, apparently are forecast to get much worse in the coming two weeks, with forecasts ranging from “disastrous” to “catastrophic”.

I’m not certain where this tree is located (either southern NSW or VIC) but it shows the flood levels over the years. If it reaches the 1956 level, it will be classed as catastrophic …

There are some serious forecasts for QLD in the coming months with serious flooding predicted in the Bundaberg, Maryborough and Gympie regions yet again. Somewhere in the region of 300mm could fall.

At this stage, I don’t have anyone in a danger zone.

I’m off to watch the end of the movie Twilight now.





Nite all.

No comments: