Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sleep and Food

It was a late and slow start to the day.

I had a very late night last night, because sometimes life gets in the way.

Eventually, after coffee and a trike ride, by late morning, I started to study.

I stopped briefly for lunch when Adoring Husband was good enough to bring some delicious fresh sand crab home. I devoured it over the kitchen sink, making a fabulous splashy juicy mess everywhere!

Facebook provided me with this great recipe that I modified (as I do) and had with dinner tonight.



Ingredients:

4 zucchinis quartered lengthways
1/2 cup of grated parmesan
1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Basil (or 5 fresh leaves finely chopped)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 fresh cloves minced)
salt and pepper to taste
2 T coconut oil
2 T fresh chopped parsley

Method:

Preheat oven to 180C.
Line a flat pan with baking paper.
Combine everything except the zucchini, parsley and oil, in a bowl.
Place the zucchini on the prepared pan, drizzle with oil and sprinkle the parmesan mixture over the top.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Put under the grill for 2-3 minutes until golden brown (be careful the paper doesn't catch alight).
Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley.

I really loved the flavour of this, except I accidentally mixed the parsley with the mixture and it got a little burnt under the grill .. so I'll leave that out and sprinkle it last next time, like the recipe states!

We had it with crispy skinned salmon, sweet potato chips, snow peas and broccoli.

Dessert was chocolate zucchini cupcake with blueberries, strawberries and cream.

I'm soooooo full!

Nite all.

No comments: