Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Presentation Skills

I love 'The Happy Abode'.

The Motivator has had some time off to spend with her lovely Mum who is visiting from Sydney and today I was alone in the shop.

It was very busy in the morning and they were all lovely customers with big smiles and warm positive wishes for our success, all buying Christmas gifts for friends or family.

It was quiet enough in the afternoon that I could actually eat some lunch and go check the mail afterwards. I did some tidying up and put the extra stock away, replaced the buttons in the trays that I'd sold in the morning, made up some bracelets to replace the ones that I'd sold earlier, took some photos of the handbags and posted them on our Facebook page (as promised to one of the customers yesterday, who wants her daughter to choose one for Christmas) and messaged Primrose to come to the shop at 4pm.

That's the time that I closed the doors so that we could take the yellow cover off the display table and replace it with a blue one, swap the blue buddha for the white one and then change up the presentation of the stock on the main table. We also changed positions of some of my photos around the shop.

Adoring Husband will be mounting the photo display shelves on the wall this weekend so it will all change again after that.

I wish I'd taken a photo of the finished display because I think it looks pretty darned good. I think Primrose enjoyed the process and she has a pretty good eye for presentation so we left feeling good about our work.

We decided to take the long way home, walking along the river path. The tide was high and the water was very choppy with the moored boats rocking back and forth over the choppy waves.

Primrose had prepared dinner earlier, so we had a delicious cold meat dinner with three different salads before doing a quick clean up and retiring to our respective evening positions in the house. She, in her bedroom to watch the remaining ER series and me to the lounge room to do this blog post and watch some reviews on Canon Mark IV cameras.

In the middle of doing that, I had the inclination to clean the main toilet and bathroom - much to the horror of Primrose who is always disturbed when I do something out of character like that. Cleaning the bathroom at 10pm and still wearing my work clothes is definitely out of character.

We are all off to the cinema in the morning to see the new Star Wars movie. Primrose and Adoring Husband are very excited about this, so I'd best get myself some sleep!

Happy Friday!

Nite all.

    

No comments: