Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 29, 2022

Motivational

I found some motivation today.

I was inspired by Sally Holden from Abundant Heart Coaching, who’s Facebook page I follow, and yesterday she did a live feed talking about five ways to find and maintain your motivation when you’ve got stuff to do.

I only found it this morning, which was timely … exactly when I needed it.

My ‘to do’ list has taken a hit and today I - 

  • Finalised the power and phone from the shop
  • Did some washing
  • Sorted and tidied my essential oil collection
  • Put together a chicken broth in the slow cooker
  • Made a ginger beer ‘starter’ (which needs 5 days to sit before I can make ginger beer)
  • Tossed a heap of rubbish that had accumulated in the lounge room
  • Prepared Adoring Husband’s lunch
  • Dusted a little
  • Refreshed the reed diffusers in the bathrooms
  • Checked my emails
  • Emptied one box from the garage
This is my ginger beer starter …


I used coconut sugar to make a darker batch and it’s now in the closed wardrobe of the warmest room in the house for the next few days.

It’s 3 1/4 cups of filtered water (no chlorine), 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar and 5 tablespoons of grated fresh organic ginger.

I remember when I was a child of about 7 or 8, my mother used to make fermented ginger beer and while we were travelling around Australia she accidentally left the starter bug on the shelf behind the back seat of the car and the hot sun streaming through the rear windscreen killed it.

I don’t have a lot of happy childhood memories but ginger beer triggers good feelings so whenever I find ginger beer at the markets I buy a cup and sit in the moment.

Tonight’s dinner was barramundi and salad for AH and fresh prawns for me.

Now I’m off to sleep and hope to wake with the same level of motivation tomorrow.




Nite all.

No comments: