Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 52 in a Year of my Life

I had a lovely morning, seeing my boys for the first time in a week and then morning tea with the girls and catching up.

Before I went home, I decided to go visit the tree where the Tawnies were before I left.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8283391016/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8282364145/in/photostream/lightbox/

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw three together on one branch and as I scanned the other trees looking for the fourth one, I discovered not one, but TWO in another tree!

I was so excited and talked to the birds, and all but one of the them looked right at me as I snapped and chatted away.

I'll go earlier in the morning for better light and hope that they're in clear view for some more happy snaps tomorrow!

Today I am grateful for nature's surprises - just when you least expect them!

Nite all.

No comments: