Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Beyond Wet

According to the Bureau of Meteorology, we've had almost 3 inches of rain (approx 71mm) in the last 12 hours.

It has barely stopped all day and it has mostly ranged between steady and teeming.

There is a minor flood warning for the Mary River, which is between here and home, so hopefully it will be minor enough not to stop my train from getting me home tomorrow.

The sound of constant heavy rain for just this 24 hour period, has almost been a form of torture for me!  I feel like I'm going troppo!

The wind gusts have been over 45kph as well, but luckily, we are very well protected in this gated resort, so it hasn't been too much of a concern.

The other uncomfortable part of the whole situation is the 99% humidity.  It's almost oppressive.

Warm and uncomfortable and clammy and sticky.

I don't like Mother Nature when she gets loud.  She scares me.

I much prefer her when she is beautiful and at peace.

Ok, well that's my whinge for the night.  Thank you for listening.

I have taken a LOT of photos of my little Chicklet, but it will be Saturday before I get to look at them, so I'll post some then.  I hope that at least a couple of them will be ok .. she still gets a bit cranky with me when I get the camera out .. but with Vegan Chickie's help, I think we may have had some success.  Fingers crossed!

Time for me to attempt some sleep.  The sound of this rain is not so relaxing tonight.

Nite all.

  

No comments: