Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Puddle Jumping

Oh how I love these photos of Chicklet jumping in puddles .. sent to me today by Vegan Chickie!




I adore her :)

There is a man in town who has bee hives and yesterday I asked his wife to ask him if he would allow me to take photos of the honeycomb for a photography challenge.  He wasn't at home at the time, so she said she would ask him when he phoned her last night.

This morning, she called me and told me that he was at home all day today and happy for me to photograph his bees!  So after my coffee, I headed over there...



He got stung 3 times pulling the beehives apart and we searched for the Queen Bee without luck. He was very passionate about his bees and I learnt a lot from him today.

Lucky for me, I didn't get stung and I left there, very happy.  He told me they can sense fear .. but I wasn't afraid.

I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: