Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

SOO Finale

I am sitting on my couch, wearing my State of Origin t-shirt, my Queensland necklace and my maroon dressing gown. I decided against wearing my State of Origin dreadlocks.

I don't know why, but I'm feeling incredibly tired tonight and could possibly end up in bed by half time .. unless of course, I get my second wind .. which has been known to happen.

It was a great morning with the girls for our weekly morning tea. Only three of us missing, but it seemed like a much bigger gap than that. There were a LOT of tourists about, filling the tables and all drinking coffee, which made for a noisy atmosphere and meant that we had to lean forward to hear each other and talk loudly to be heard!

The girls making our coffee were wearing interesting costumes. The NSW supporters were very animated in their giant cockroach outfit and cheer leader colours. It makes me wonder where they can find their enthusiasm every year, when their team gives them nothing to cheer about.

I thought the same thing tonight, when they showed the blues supporters in the crowd at the stadium. There have been so many losses, yet the fans turn up on a freezing cold night, wearing their blue wigs and their jerseys. That's dedication for you.

Queensland has already scored, just 8 minutes into the game.

I bought and downloaded a new app today called 'Minecraft'. Chicklet is obsessed with this game and has called me twice to excitedly explain everything that happens in the game. I said that I would get it so that we could play together, but now I have no idea what to do next!! This will be interesting!! I may need to google it, to learn how to play.

Adoring Husband and I have a movie date tomorrow to see 'Independence Day'. BGWLBH saw it last night and gave it a good review, so I'm looking forward to it.

Bubbles gave a good review for the movie 'The Legend of Tarzan' too, so I might need to squeeze that one in somewhere. Next Thursday, our date will be to see 'Star Trek Beyond'.

One might ask ... what has my life become??? Haha.

Anyway, I'm off to focus on the game.

Nite all.

No comments: