Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 16, 2019

All About Art

Thats what today was all about.

I had the opportunity to go into The Bay with Adoring Husband, but as you know, I had some ideas for art projects today and I didn’t want to waste any creative time.

My first project went according to plan and I’m happy with my first sunflower ...


...but I will definitely practice some more. I can imagine BIG sunflowers on BIG canvases. I can also picture a triptych with three different coloured flowers - maybe deep red, orange and yellow.

My second project did NOT go according to plan and I covered it with greens and blues and used a straw to blow it out. I’m not happy with it, but it’s done on an elcheapo canvas from Kmart, so it’s no great loss.


By the third project, I fell back on something that I know and love with some colourful flowers in a garden. It’s nothing special but it’s acceptable.


The water in the pool is still too cold for swimming.

I’m dreaming of our new bed now, thinking about culling some shoes in the bedroom spring clean and imagining how fabulous it will all look when the suite finally arrives.

For now, I’m off to bed so I can be fresh for some more art tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: