Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Power to Detach

The power of detachment - detachment is experiencing our feelings and emotions in the moment without allowing them to control us. It is being able to step back and observe situations objectively, and then acting on inspiration or intuition, instead of emotion.

It means that instead of falling into the pit of despair with your friends and family, you can remain strong and loving and supportive above that pit.

It means not being dragged into the drama but throwing a rope so that they can pull themselves out of the pit when they’re ready.


Yesterday was a write off for me.

By lunch time I felt very unwell. By 3pm I was in bed. By 5pm I was asleep. I slept until 6am this morning ... hence no blog post on Wednesday.

Today I felt like I was in recovery mode so I took it easy. Tomorrow I work.

The Motivator sold a piece of my art today! This one ...


That’s a bit exciting 🤩

Here is where I wish Beautiful Girl With The Long Blonde Hair a happy birthday!! No fun in isolation and certainly not the way we planned our birthdays this year, but we made it to another year older and instead of having our road trip almost over, we actually have it to look forward to next year!


Time for sleep now, but before I go, here is a 25 minute video with some thought provoking information.



Nite all.

No comments: