Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 2, 2024

End of Break

Australia: Weather manipulation 1 

Australia: Weather Manipulation 2

Australia: Weather Manipulation 3

Rainmaking Control Act 1967

Queensland Cloud Seeding

How to make people accept these technologies

This is my last night in Mooloolaba. 

Today, I shopped til I dropped … almost literally … twice I had to find a seat in the boutiques!

I’m not sure, but I think I purchased 8 tops, 2 bottoms. 2 bracelets, a journal and 2 birthday presents.

I only brought a small suitcase …

There is no way I’ll fit all of my purchases in that!

The weather has been wet, wet, wet all day. Steady rain with bursts of very heavy downpours. The people who live here are sick of the constant rain. I think it’s lovely, but I’ve only experienced one day of it.

I had last night’s leftovers for dinner tonight. There is still food left! From Tuesday nights Italian dinner too! What a waste.

I’ve had a lovely few days of peace and solitude. It has passed way too quickly but I know for sure that I will do this again.

That was my view this morning as I sat on the balcony drinking my cup of tea. Before the rain came.

Now it’s time to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: