Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 29, 2024

Making a List

Peer reviewed study from Japan (click this link)

The truth about aluminium foil (click this link)

I’m making a list and checking it twice, because I’m off on a solo mini holiday.

What I’m looking forward to:

  • Not cooking every day at a certain time.
  • Eating whatever I want, whenever I want.
  • Shopping in the Mooloolaba boutiques.
  • The restaurants.
  • Walking on the beach.
  • Sitting on the balcony with a cup of tea and enjoying the ocean views.
  • Silence.
  • Journalling.
  • Catching public transport.
  • Finding the Gluten Free 4U shop at Caloundra.
  • Good coffee.
  • Exploring.
What I’ll miss:

  • Adoring Husband.
  • Harley.
  • BGWLBH.
  • My bed.
  • My lounge chair.
  • My body pillows.
I’ve been considering this solo trip since my birthday 2023, then at Christmas 2023 and again this birthday.

I only decided at 2pm today to get online to see if the stars aligned for me.

I figured that if I couldn’t get a seat on the train at this short notice, it would be a sign - it was easy.

I figured that if the accommodation I wanted was no longer available at this short notice, it would be a sign - it was available AND I was able to get a better price than any of the .com sites (booking, trivago, wotif etc).

The process was so easy and fast and smooth that I think it was meant to be.

It’s been seven years since I enjoyed a solo trip away. I visited Bubbles in Sydney, then flew to Canberra for a Health and Wellness festival and then met up with The Motivator to attend a Journey Retreat.

So I’ve made a list of everything I need to pack and I’ll check it off tomorrow. I’ll be gone for three nights.

Feeling good!





Nite all.

No comments: