Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 9, 2026

A Long One

It was a long day in The Bay today, but we almost didn’t make it there!

BGWLBH is having trouble with her keyless key and the car just didn’t want to start this morning. It was making lots of bells and whistles noises, but completely silent in the engine.

Eventually, just as BGWLBH had dialled ‘roadside assist’, Adoring Husband performed his magic and the car revved into action.

Whew!

We drove into town and directly to Nissan, where BGWLBH stood in line listening to long winded and pointless stories by the customers in front of her, until she finally got to the counter to make an appointment. The next available appointment was a whole month away!

Thankfully, the car started every single time while we were in town, and with any luck, it will remain that way and she can cancel the appointment in a month.

While I was in town, I investigated some food places for take away possibilities.

The Jam Jar cafe has a crispy chicken and chips meal, but unfortunately, their kitchen closes at 2pm.

There is a new Mexican joint at Pialba that opened last week, but their gluten free options are very limited and the quality would be reduced considerably on the 30 minute trip home. Even their ribs and chicken wings are not gluten free. Bummer.

The Sushi Train in Pialba has an amazing menu, but their gluten free options are even more limited. Cucumber sushi and avocado sushi and salmon sushi are pretty boring options, so I doubt we’ll be trying that one.

The only other place that does have good gluten free options is Mum’s Charcoal and Grill, but their chicken is dry and a bit tough, their roast pork has a nasty aftertaste, the potato bake doesn’t have a nice flavour, their sauces and dressings are a bit yuk and the salads LOOK great but are not fresh and crisp. We were disappointed the last three times.

Three strikes and you’re out.

There are not a lot of gluten free takeaway options available.

At least our juices were tasty and we enjoyed them on the drive home.

It was a long day and after I gave AH some prawns to add to his hot and spicy noodles soup, I got changed and climbed onto my bed.

I have a coffee date in the morning and another on Sunday afternoon, so my social calendar is filling up. 

Right now, I’m going to fall asleep listening to golf commentary.





Nite all.

No comments: