Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloweeeeeen!!!

First of all, happy birthday to my Jamie, who would have been 38 years old today, had he lived.

Next of all, happy halloween everybody!

I had a fairly productive day, although it was difficult to find focus at the beginning.

I pedalled against some pretty strong gusty winds, to get my coffee this morning. The winds were crazy today and gusted above 40km/h. Paperweights were required to stop paperwork from flying across my desk!

Being Halloween, I wanted to put together three bags of goodies for Lady Lynn's and Happy Harry's grandchildren, who were given prior permission to come knocking for trick or treating tonight. Most of what I gathered, was stuff that I already had in the house and I bought some chocolate treats, some inexpensive toys and some bits and pieces that I thought the kids might have some fun with.

Last year, we spent a fortune on lollies that went to thirty odd kids, most of whom we had never even seen in the area before, so this year we decided not to feed the unfamiliar children and spend half as much on just three special kids.

This fabulous family have a lot of fun with halloween and put in such a good effort with their costumes ...




After I finished putting together the bags of goodies, I prepared some lunch and then hibernated in my workspace until 3.30pm, at which time Adoring Husband and I drove to the beach for our afternoon walk. We bought our coffee on the way and spent 45 minutes walking barefoot over the sand flats at low tide. It was very windy, but not unpleasantly so.

I love our afternoon walks.

I was supposed to play golf with the Old Speckled Hen after lunch, but decided almost at the last minute, to pull out. As Adoring Husband suggested, perhaps it's not a good idea to lug a golf bag around for nine holes of golf, the day prior to being fitted with a heart monitor!

Speaking of which, I'd best get some sleep since we have to be in town early tomorrow morning for the fitting.

Nite all.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...



Jamie was remembered here too with love, Grannymus x

Judi said...

Hugs for you Roz 🌹