Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 31, 2016

Active Again

A great group of people attended the first meeting for the 'Fracking Free Burrum Heads' group this morning.


We're in a good place and can hopefully have Burrum Heads on the 'mining free' list very soon.

That was my morning filled in a very constructive and interesting way.

When I returned home, I cooked up a big batch of curried chicken and then retired to my desk to increase my website and business education.

Time flies so fast when I'm in the zone and before I realised, it was after 6pm! I served Adoring Husband a big bowl of curried chicken and rice and we sat down to watch X-Factor. He headed off to bed early, having spent the day exerting himself with some heavy manual labour fulfilling his role as maintenance worker at the local shopping centre.

I can't believe it's already after midnight!

I need to get some sleep so that I can spend the day at my desk tomorrow. If I have to avoid all electronic devices while I wear the heart monitor on Tuesday, I'll be making up for that lost time tomorrow.

Nite all.  

No comments: