Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Catching Up

My sister, Squirt, left this morning after accompanying me to the Seat of Knowledge.  It was fantastic to have her and Sparky here for my special night.   It's a long way to travel and it was great to have we three siblings together for a happy occasion.

After she left, Adoring Husband and I drove to Maryborough to meet with The Nikonian, who travelled two and a half hours just to see my exhibit (or she may have had other things to do in the area too LOL). I like to believe that it was ALL ABOUT ME!!

She said all the right things and gasped in awe and revelled in my excitement and shared my happiness and felt joy for my success.  She is such a lovely person and I really enjoyed my time with her today.


We did coffee and lunch at Photogroffee and then parted company with a hug.

Adoring Husband and I spent a quiet afternoon on the couch.  He, watching Dr Who shows that he had recorded last week and me with my laptop firmly on my lap.

A really nice day to wind down after a hectic week.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

What a lovely day. Had to laugh re: laptop. Mine seems to live in the same sport as yours!