Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Late Call

I was just about to go to bed when I realised that I haven't posted here tonight!

An interesting day today.

I sat in bed for a good part of the morning .. til about 9.30am and then I spent the rest of the morning cooking.

I packaged the chicken broth and placed them in the freezer, then pureed the chicken necks with most of the vegetables from the stock for dog food. I prepped a chicken to roast in the oven and then prepared the vegetables (photos tomorrow).

Everything was running smoothly, so I put on another batch of chicken broth in the slow cooker, because I had some veg in the fridge that was almost ready to toss.

At some point, I needed the coconut oil, which always sits beside the ceramic stove top. Unfortunately, as I lifted the jar, it slipped out of my hands and the bottom edge of the jar landed on the stove top and smashed it!!


A lot of swearing was to be had! This is the second time in less than a year that I've smashed the stove top. This one was supposed to last until the kitchen renovation, when we plan on installing a gas stove. Ugh.

After lunch, Adoring Husband walked out to the kitchen to clean up, and discovered two of our psychotic dogs with feathers around their mouths, but one in particular, appropriately nicknamed 'the smiling assassin' by one of my cousins, had blood on her mouth and feathers attached to her fur.

We discovered a mass of feathers outside in the outdoor area, a trail of feathers through the house which led to a dog bed under my desk, which was also covered in feathers!

It was like a horror movie!

I wanted to edit the photos from my time down on the Sunny Coast, but had all sorts of trouble with the new editing program on my imac, so finally I used the old one on my laptop.

I only have one to share for now. My cheeky possum obviously not interested in having her photo taken!


Time for bed.

Nite all.


No comments: