Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Blurgh!

I had a terrible night!

Nightmares that had me tossing and turning all night until 3.30am. I lay awake, but with my eyes closed, until Adoring Husband's alarm went off at 5am.

I spent some time with the boys at the Seat of Knowledge and then enjoyed a short walk along the beach. The water was much cooler, so splashing through ankle deep water was very refreshing. The beach was completely empty - now that the tourists have finally returned home - yay!!

I was completely brain dead until about noon, at which time I lay on the bed for a short nap. An hour later, I was woken by the courier truck delivering my last box of jewellery for the website.

I got a little work done over a couple of hours in the afternoon and I ordered some ring boxes and other jewellery packaging.

Adoring Husband picked up my photos from the framers ...



... they look pretty good! I'll check with the post office to see if they have a safe way to send them in the mail, otherwise, my next option is to roll them and send them (without the mat board frames) in cardboard cylinders.

I think I'm done for the day.

Nite all.

No comments: