Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Nana Naps

I had a lovely morning with the girls for our weekly coffee date. Today is Day 24 without coffee for me! I drank lots of filtered water instead.

It was Reality TV Queen's birthday today, so I blew up three balloons to tie to her chair and gave her a small gift which she seemed to love. This birthday is not as happy, as she still struggles with the death of her husband.

Tomorrow is lady's luncheon day, so she will receive lots of love and support from lots of ladies.

I arrived home at about 10.30am and spent a little time in my workspace before I decided that I was hungry and needed an early lunch.

I threw together a nosh up of leftovers from last night, which included some mashed potato. I've had potato three times in three days! It was one of the things that I wanted to remove from my diet and today was a perfect example of why.  Within a couple of hours of eating it, I needed a nap because I was literally falling asleep at my desk!

Potato seems to send my brain into a fog and I get really sleepy. All carbs do it to me but I don't eat other carbs - just potatoes. If I must have them, I will save it for dinner, because I don't need my brain to function at night and I can go to bed and sleep it off.

Or I can just not eat them :)

Anyhow, by 2.30pm I was snuggled in bed with two pedestal fans aimed at me and and switched to high. What was supposed to be a Nana nap turned into a 90 minute deep sleep! I felt much better for it.

So, once again, not a lot of productivity today, but I got a little bit done ... as I keep saying ... small steps.


Well, look at that, it's 11pm already! That's what happens when you nap in the afternoon!


I must go to bed, so that I look and feel fresh and vibrant for the lady's luncheon tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: