Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Marketing Day

Today was Market day for BGWLBH and I.

We started at the local community markets. There were more stalls than usual and they’ve changed the layout to rows instead of one big circle, which I liked.

I ran into a few people that I know. Some had their own stalls and some were there to spend money. By the time I’d finished chatting with everybody, we’d been there for about 1.5 hours!

From there we drove into The Bay and to Table Eleven on the Esplanade for breakfast. I had GF toast with avocado and potato cakes. BGWLBH had bacon and poached eggs and we shared a pot of tea.

We sat at the table in the front window and we people/dog watched, making up life stories for each person or couple, which was a lot of fun.

After a leisurely breakfast, we walked across the road to Torquay markets. That market is MUCH bigger than it used to be and the variety of stalls was a good mix.

My favourite stall was Paul Pettersson’s art. He’s the guy who painted the mural at Pialba Place and I purchased one of his prints …

I would love a collection of his original art because I LOVE the way he paints. His paintings really move me and I feel emotional when I look at his work. He’s also a lovely man.

We sat for a while and watched an elderly man play the piano accordion. There were so many stalls that were “browseworthy” including crystals, dream catchers, hanging mobiles, clothing, hand made crafts, plants, dog treats (yes Harley got treats), signs, cups, mugs and flasks, flowers, lead lighting, baby wear, hair decorations, jewellery, leather bags etc.

Next, was the Urangan markets, which, by the time we arrived, was very busy. It was well after midday when we decided to get a Su Jus juice on the way home and stop for some groceries.

On the way home, while scrolling through Facebook, I discovered that there was some drama on our river with a loose yacht floating into other boats, so we drove down to the boat ramp to see if we could witness some of the action.

We couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary so we headed home.

I played with Harley and watched the football, made a green curry chicken for dinner, watched a Netflix movie and started watching the latest season of Virgin River.

I’m feeling very weary now, so it’s sleep time for me.









Nite all.

No comments: