Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Dingleberry

The Boat Club postponed our whale trip today. We are now going on Friday.

Because we had a list of errands a mile long, BGWLBH and I drove into the Bay anyway and methodically worked through the list.

Unfortunately, after we had left Go Natural at Torquay, as we were waiting at a ‘give way’ sign on the corner of Ann Street and Boat Harbour Drive, an elderly gentleman in a big white 4wd rear ended us!

It was a mighty hit which busted his roo bar but thankfully didn’t initiate our airbags.

We took photos of him, his car, our damage and wrote down his name, address and insurance company name.

We visited the nearest police station to verify the gentleman’s information, because he refused to show us his licence or anything with his details on it. The police verified the info.

We drove home and while I made lunch, BGWLBH made the appropriate phone calls for the insurance claim. They made an appointment with the Smash Repairers for this afternoon at 3.30pm so, taking advantage of this unexpected opportunity, we climbed back into the car and returned to the bay.

The smash repair guy was very helpful, took lots of photos and gave us great advice.

BGWLBH has been driving for 45 years and has never had an accident so she is very green when it comes to insurance claims.

From the second that the man hit the car, BGWLBH began to feel pain in her neck and back, then came the headache, so we stopped at Dr Bill’s on the off chance he would see her. She was in luck and he took the time to check her out and write up a report just in case her injuries deteriorated.

She has whiplash and he found damage and advised her on what to expect in the coming weeks, also advising her to be x-rayed to rule out bone damage. He also prescribed anti-inflammatories. 

Me?

I’m feeling slightly stiff and sore. My head took a good whack on the head rest and I got a bit of a fright, but I’m fine.

It’s going to be three weeks or more before the car can be repaired but it’s drivable, even though the screen has orange warning lights in place of the usual information that’s displayed there, and we can’t open the back hatch.

It was an eventful day and I’m feeling pretty weary about now.







Nite all.

No comments: